Green Fuz

Rare and obscure music from all sorts of neet-o genres that i like. Garage rock, psychedelic, hard rock, metal, punk. What ever dude.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

New Race - The First And The Last (1981)

New Race - The First and the Last Thank you Mr. Anonymous Danny who left this comment in the Radio Birdman - Radio's Appear post:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure I saw the New Race album on a blog somewhere, possibly on one of those Brazilian ones ...

http://espiritopublico.blogspot.com/
http://lagrimapsicodelica.blogspot.com/
http://boizebu.blogspot.com/

Danny

Well after doing a site search on google - site:http://espiritopublico.blogspot.com "new race" on all thouse site, I found what I was looking for on Espírito Público for the New Race album that features Deniz Tek (guitars), Rob Younger (vocals), and Warwick Gilbert (bass) from Radio Birdman alongside their direct influences in Ron Ashton (guitarist for the Stooges) and Dennis Thompson (drummer for the MC5). I haven't yet downloaded the whole album myself, but im sure it's great.

Go to Espírito Público's blog and check out his post on New Race - The First And The Last here!

-------------------------
By the way Danny mentioned one blog, Boizeblog which i just have to mention is one of my favorite blogs out there. If i could rip it off I would, it's got hard rock, horror movies, and naked girls. Every thing a person suffering from adolescent arrested development could ever want in a blog.

18 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, your comment about Boizeblog ...

Greets,
Danny

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger nick beef said...

re:danny

it's funny cuz its true....

i have a huge collection of cult/horror/splatter/b-movie films mainly on VHS and less on DVD. But i don't have a smart way getting the damn things on my computer.... plus i don't have much of a motivation to do that. I convert my albums from vinyl to MP3 for a number of reasons (archival, portability, ect.) but these arn't the same for movies. Oh well people like Boizeblog can pick up my slack....

-denez

 
At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

re: Denez

It's more or less the same for me. I don't have the courage and certainly not the time to put all my old vinyl and (certainly not)VHS on the digital format. (I don't download movies). And I still buy a lot of new and 2nd hand vinyl, besides all the dvds and (a bit less) cds. ... so I still have 100's of hours of music and film waiting there for me ... life's too short ...

Danny

 
At 2:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thx a lot man :)as a thanks heres a link http://max-castle.blogspot.com/

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a quick off topic message to Nick. I read your post on recordcollectorsguild.org "Not psych, not punk....what is it?" back in April. I added a few more bands that seemed to lineup with this here blog and said post. Just a few more things to check out.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger nick beef said...

byrcehary,

wow, how did you know me and the recordcollocterguild post were the same??? well, you caught me, we are. Great recomendations by the way, i had only heard of a few of thouse bands you mentioned, the rest i'll definatly check out.

by the way the link to the above mentioned post is: "Not psych, not punk....what is it?"

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

8 days in april blog is back up and running.

check it out here:

http://8daysinapril.blogspot.com/

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Birdmasn Flys again

Heard a few songs from this and it's sounding fucking GREAT!! There's a copy winging its way over from Australia right now... ooh ooh, I cannae wait!! Had major reservations, but going by the stuff I've heard so far it's gonna be a killer!

There's an interview with Deniz Tek with some samples here: http://www.careerrecords.com/reports/DenizInterview/deniz-kglt.html

They tour the States in August/September and Europe in Sept/Oct.

I pulled the 3 tracks from the interview and you can get them here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RLITU804
small zip file...

 
At 4:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for the 3 Birdman tracks, they're good!

I already ordered Zeno Beach (on vinyl).
And I'll probably gonna see them when they play in Holland later this year ...

Thanks Again!
Danny

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problem at all Danny, let me know if you'd like an upload of the Birdman live JJ Studios, Sydney November 1976, More Fun ep, or Ring of Truth ep

Evil Do'er

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the Double J Studio, November 1976 record. It's a boot, very good sound on side1, mediocre sound on side2, that's why it's was so cheap when I bought it, I'm afraid, music wise excellent stuff! I don't have the 2 eps you mentioned though ...

Greets,
Danny

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya kiddos, here's the new one:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/00jdpd

I'll upload those two eps, the version I have of the double J is the best one I've ever found. The last two tracks are when it gets lousy sounding, but maybe that's redundant..

Evil Do'er

 
At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alrighty,
Here's those Eps combined for download.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/rslopb

Thanks Nick for your hard work and great spirit!

Evil Do'er

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Slobodan Burgher said...

Oh shit the link is dead. I really gotta get that record. Nice bolg by the way. :)

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Slobodan Burgher said...

[I mean of course, "blog" not "bolg"]

LOL!

 
At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it!
»

 
At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any chace of a re-up of Zeno Beach?????

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous price per head service said...

Great information, you have a wonderful blog and an excellent article!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home